Unconcerned with the reception preparations going on all around them, the wedding party posed for their portraits near the fairy-tale white tent. Nattily attired in beige suits with ties of cotton candy pink, the groom’s men stood smiling. The maid’s simple column dresses with tonal graduation from deep ruby to ice pink complemented the bride’s re-embroidered Italian lace top and long silk skirt.
Two little flower girls twirled in circles to spin their beautiful dresses as all little flower girls do, maryjanes tapping on the wooden deck. The young ring bearer wearing a tiny suit and a serious expression was getting some last minute advice from his dad about what an important job he had to do. Everyone looked cool and elegant.
Here is another delightful summer wedding favorite from our wedding planner at Historical Church Wedding Planning & Officiants . It’s tasty, colorful and keeps crisp for a summer wedding reception on a bed of ice .
Double/ triple/etc. this recipe makes enough for 18-20
- 1 pound package frozen ( NOT CANNED) petite peas
- 1 pound package frozen white corn
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 3 scallions
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1- one pound can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1- one pound can cannelloni or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1- one pound can dark red kidney beans , drained and rinsed
Combine the first seven ingredients with dressing carefully by folding together.
Spicy Cumin Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 huge clove of garlic, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce ( Tabasco or similar- I like the Mexican brands)
Combine all in a large jar and shake . Pour over the salad and chill for 4 hours.